- NE 45th Street in front of Dick’s
- 15th Avenue Northeast and Northeast Pacific Street in the University District
- 25th Avenue Northeast and Northeast Blakely Street, where the Burke-Gilman Trail crosses a busy arterial
- Bellevue Avenue and East Pine Street on Capitol Hill
- Eastlake Avenue East and Furhman Avenue East just south of the University Bridge
I ride by 4/5 of these intersections every week, if not daily.
As I approach my first winter bike commuting I’m starting to get more intense about making myself exceptionally visible. On today’s rainy morning I rode more slowly than usual and because my rain jacket is black I attached two blinking lights to myself and the back of my bike.
I did enjoy this morning’s damp ride though. I was originally worried about riding in the rain because I don’t have fenders. But I’ve found that my rack + basket on the rear protects my back from the skunk stripe and since I always wear boots in the rain my legs are protected from the front wheel spray. Not bad.